March 5 1874-House 4 and 5 have now been in operation on Ashley Down for many years, number 4 since 1869 and number 5 since 1870. During this time over 1200 orphans have come into them and every month more are received as they graduate out as apprentices or servants. All the expenses in connection with the houses being built, fitted up and furnished were met in full as the demands arose and after everything there were funds left to keep in case the houses need repair. God answers our prayers and we were not mistaken after we had patiently and prayerfully looked for his will. Be encouraged more and more in the Living God.
We now proceed to the next chapter.